The Bylaw content type allows you to manage Bylaws that are displayed on the Bylaws Calendar.
Adding a New Bylaw
Once logged in, from the Drupal Admin toolbar navigated to Content > Add Content > Bylaw.
Input the following fields:
- Title: This is the title of the Bylaw. It will appear in all layouts of the Bylaw calendar.
- Year: Select the year for this bylaw, the month and day fields will not be used.
- Add all related files using this field. Additional items can be added using the Add Media button.
Synopsis: A high-level overview of the bylaw.
RELATED CONTENT ▼
- Related Links: Provide links to other pages that are related to this bylaw, such as a map page, or alternatively link away to an external site by inputting the full HTTPS URL. If no link text is inputted, the URL field will be used as the link label.
- URL: Start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter <front> to link to the front page. Enter <nolink> to display link text only. Enter <button> to display keyboard-accessible link text only.
- Link Text: The text which will display for users to click.
Additional links can be added using the Add another item button.
- Bylaw Tags: Select all that apply.
Once you have filled out the above fields, make sure that the dropdown menu next to Save as: is set to Published, and click Save. Once published, the Bylaw will automatically populate the interactive calendar.
Editing a Bylaw
- To edit a Bylaw, click on Content in the Drupal toolbar.
- Filter by content type Bylaw.
- Click to edit the Bylaw.
- Once you have made your changes, make sure that the dropdown menu next to Save as: is set to Published, and click Save.