Please note that only users with an administrative user role assigned will have access to editing the homepage.
Editing the Homepage
- To edit the Homepage, click on Content in the Drupal toolbar.
- Filter by content type of Homepage.
- Click to edit the Homepage.
- Once you have made your changes, make sure that the checkbox next to Published is selected, and click Save.
The homepage contains the following fields:
Every homepage is unique, but these are some common fields and elements that a homepage contains. Your homepage may not have these exact fields, or may have additional fields.
Title: This is the page title and should not be changed from “Homepage”.
You can update your homepage images that under the Banner section of the homepage. If you are wondering about the exact dimensions for your website's banners - contact your project manager for more information.
To edit each of the tiles, click the Edit button to the right to expand the section to reveal the following fields:
- Category: For example: Residents, Business, Visitors
- Title: For example: “Popular Links for…”
- Credit: Add the photographer’s name here as a photo credit.
- Icon: Find a Font Awesome icon and copy the full icon class (e.g. fas fa-chess).
- URL: Start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter <front> to link to the front page. Enter <nolink> to display link text only. Enter <button> to display keyboard-accessible link text only.
- Link Text: For example: “Water Utilities”
You can Featured Cards to promote additional information on your homepage.
- Image: Add an image to the tile using the Add Media button.
- Link Text: Link text that’s longer and may cause layout issues on the image tile
Recent News & Upcoming Events
If you require any updates to the footer content on the homepage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.