The News content type allows you to add and edit news pieces that display on the News page and on the Homepage, if your site features news there.
Once logged in, from the Drupal Admin toolbar navigated to Content > Add Content > News.
Input the following fields:
- Title: This is the title of the News item. It will appear in all areas of the website where news items are displayed.
- Type: Select whether the content is an announcement, media release or public notice.
- Add related files to the news piece using the Add Media button.
- Author/Byline: Name of the individual or group who published the content.
- Body: The main news content.
- Related Links: Provide links to other pages that are related to this bylaw, such as a map page, or alternatively link away to an external site by inputting the full HTTPS URL. If no link text is inputted, the URL field will be used as the link label.
- URL: Start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter <front> to link to the front page. Enter <nolink> to display link text only. Enter <button> to display keyboard-accessible link text only.
- Link Text: The text which will display for users to click.
- Start typing to search tags. Additional tags can be added using the Add another item button.
- Publish to social media: Allows the author to push this article social media channels.
- Send a mailout to News subscribers.
Once you have filled out the above fields, make sure that the dropdown menu next to Save as: is set to Published, and click Save.
- To edit a News piece, click on Content in the Drupal toolbar.
- Filter by content type News.
- Click to edit the News.
- Once you have made your changes, make sure that the dropdown menu next to Save as: is set to Published, and click Save.